INTRODUCTION FOR TITLE
|PLEASE NOTE: |
| This item is an eBook, rather than a physical product. As an eBook, the following cost/charge terms apply: |
|1. ||There are no shipping charges when purchasing this item. Access to the product will be available for download immediately once your order is completed. Select any shipping method while ordering (it is a required feature), but note that the cost of shipping will not be applied to the cost of your order. |
|2. ||There are no sales tax charges when purchasing this item. |
|3. ||This title IS eligible for our volume discount program. |
If this item is purchased along with other titles, the discount program will be applied automatically to all products in your order.
|4. ||This title is in Adobe Acrobat format and requires you have a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. |
If you need to download a copy (it's free), click on the image to the right.
THE A/V FILES MAKE THIS TITLE TOO LARGE TO DOWNLOAD (IT'S ALMOST 4GB). UPON PURCHASE, WE WILL CONTACT YOU BY EMAIL AND PROVIDE LINKS TO ACCESS THE EBOOK. WE USE A FREE SERVICE CALLED DROPBOX. IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS ACCESSING THE TITLE, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ASSISTANCE.
| || |
Have you ever listened to a song you loved and wondered how the writer knew all those chords that sounded so great? Have you ever tried to compose a song, but found yourself running through the same familiar, simple chords all the time? Or do you dream of playing great solos over complex progressions? Or being in demand as a bassist, guitarist or pianist?
If these sound like familiar desires to you, here is the course that will take you to your dreams. I've been wanting to take on this crucial chunk of music for a long time, and I've finally put it into a course that I think will really change your musicianship.
Understanding the concepts presented enables you to analyze any chord progression, giving you tremendous power to write and improvise music. This Harmonic Analysis book will help you to:
- Understand how a chord progression is built.
- Re-harmonize a chord progression.
- De-harmonize a chord progression.
- Create new bass lines through reharmonization.
- Understand how you can use harmony as a soloist.
- Understand how you can use harmony as an accompanist.
- Immediately recognize chord relationships, thus facilitating the memorization of chord progressions.
- Understand how multiple chords may have the same function. This allows the grouping of chords into one function, facilitating easier soloing over complex chord changes and the
- ability to change chord progressions to give greater variety.
- Learning and mastering the aforementioned techniques will totally change your understanding of music and allow you to be more creative.
The Harmonic Analysis course gives you an ebook (PDF) and 48 videos to help learn and apply the harmonic knowledge needed to understand the structure of western music. You will get:
- 12 Videos discussing each important aspect of harmonic analysis.
- A PDF which also discusses each important aspect of harmonic analysis to make sure you understand each concept
- Worksheets for 12 keys of a Blues, Minor Blues and "Rhythm Changes."
- 12 Videos showing one for each key of the Blues discussing in detail the proper harmonic analysis.
- 12 Videos showing one for each key of the Minor Blues discussing in detail the proper harmonic analysis.
- 12 Videos showing one for each key of the "Rhythm Changes" discussing in detail the proper harmonic analysis.
A course of study that starts from a beginner's level and takes a student to understand the most complex chord progressions. Many subjects about harmonic analysis which are hard or impossible to find are discussed including:
- Harmonic Reharmonization
- Tritone Substitution
- Strength of Each Dominant Resolution
- Adding a ii Minor Chord to a V7
- Dominant 7th Resolution Tendency
- Adding Tensions to chords
- Diatonic Chords
- Substitutions Based on Harmonic Area
- Substitutions Based on Passing Diminished
- Substitutions Based on Chord Tones and Tensions
- The connection between Good Harmony and Good Melody
- Harmony as a Language
- Delayed Resolution
Learning and mastering the aforementioned techniques will totally change your understanding of music and allow you to be more creative. Includes 48 HD videos and a 72-page ebook (PDF).