SAMPLES FROM THIS TITLE
The samples are in pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed.Click Here for the Table of ContentsClick Here for Sample #1Click Here for Sample #2
Victor Wooten calls this book "a masterful must-have collection of knowledge" so you should pay attention. The authors have a combined 120 years of teaching experience, and their collaboration here is quite extraordinary. They will help expand your ability and refine your technique, whether you're a beginner or expert, playing electric or acoustic. The emphasis is on learning to create melodically interesting lines and solos. Includes 166 downloadable audio tracks. Written in standard notation only (no TAB).
You will learn to:
• Build jazz bass lines that support the tune's underlying harmony and keep the motion moving forward.
• Play over standard jazz progressions and rhythm changes.
• Develop lines reflective of many jazz eras, from early swing to post bop.
• Develop your sense of time and groove.
• Use articulations such as skips, dead notes, pull-offs, hammer-ons, rakes and more.
• Compose imaginative and engaging bass solos