• Chapter 1: Learning -- What Type of Student Are You, Top 10 Behaviors of Successful Musicians
• Chapter 2: Tone Note Music Method: Introduction to the Tone Note Music Method for Bass, Do Re Mi is 1 2 3
• Chapter 3: Music Theory: Sign Before Symbol, Learn 21 Letters in a Flash, Letter of Tone 1 = Key and Tonal Center
• Chapter 4: Bass Theory: Extended Position, Holistic Humpty, Holistic = Forms that Overlap
• Chapter 5: Technique -- What’s Your Point, STRing + drUM = STRUM, Strum Toward a Different String, Shredding the Natural Way
• Chapter 6: Harmony -- Harmony Numerics ~ One, 1, I, Harmony Symbolism, Perfect Fifth Rock Harmony, Major 12 Bar Turnarounds
• Chapter 7: Rhythm -- The Curved Line Sign, Harmony Rhythm’s Fatal Flaw, Sheet Music ~ Real and Fake, Popular Song Form, Bowling for Rhythm, Tone Rows ~ Synchronize and Syncopate
• Chapter 8: Scale and Mode Spellings: Chord, Scale and Mode Relations, Minor Modes of Major Significance, Melodic Minor Cross Correlations
• Chapter 9: F. Y. I.: 4000 Year Old Bass, Look It Up, A Short List of Notable Bassists, Interstellar Music, The Effects Affect, Modulation of Time and Frequency, String Theory
In this un-traditional bass instruction book, Grammy-nominated music educator and BassBooks.com contributor Mike Overly integrates 50 timeless lessons that will truly revolutionize your bass learning experience. "I collected daily interactions with my in-person and on-line students to give you the best possible presentation of my current thinking."
Each lesson builds upon the last in a progressive order, so that by the time you reach the end of this book, you will have a much better understanding of music and bass that will last you a lifetime.
144 pages. By Mike Overly.
CUSTOMERS LOOKING AT THIS ITEM MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
FRETBOARD ALCHEMY FOR 4, 5, AND 6-STRING BASS
FRETBOARD FLASHCARDS - 4 STRING BASS
FRETBOARD FLASHCARDS - 5 STRING BASS
FRETBOARD FLASHCARDS - 6 STRING BASS