SAMPLES FROM THIS TITLE
The samples are in pdf format and do require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed.Click Here for Sample #1Click Here for Sample #2Click Here for Sample #3
THE ONLY COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON THE BLUES SCALES EVER PUBLISHED!
- step-by-step exercises to get beginning students able to quickly solo using the two basic Blues Scales
- extensive dictionary of classic Major and Minor Blues Scale phrases
- help with transposing the ideas learned into other keys
- numerous ways to expand the Blues Scales to make them even more useful
- appendices for advanced players showing how the masters of jazz use the Blues Scales in their own playing.
ACCOMPANYING CD by author Dan Greenblatt and his quartet of swinging, New York jazz musicians shows how each exercise should sound. And it also gives the student numerous play-along tracks to practice with.
GREAT TRANSCRIPTIONS from Miles, Dizzy Gillespie, Lester Young, Oscar Peterson, Dave Sanborn, Michael Brecker and many more, showing how the Blues Scales are actually used in various styles of jazz.