SAMPLES FROM THIS TITLE
The samples are in pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed.Click Here for the Table of ContentsClick Here for Sample #1Click Here for Sample #2
The bass player, together with the drummer, form what is called the 'rhythm section' of a group. They create the backing beat, driving force and 'tightness' necessary for a successful group. Progressive Beginner Bass assumes you have no prior knowledge of music or playing the bass. In this book you will learn:
1. How to read and play bass guitar music using standard music notation and also easy read TAB notation;
2. Notes on all four strings including sharps and flats;
3. Scales, Riffs and Arpeggios so you can create your own bass lines.
After completing this book you will have a solid understanding of the bass guitar and will be ready for further study on specific styles of bass playing e.g. Rock, Blues etc. All bass players should know all of the information contained in this book. .
The best and fastest way to learn is to use this book in conjunction with:
1. Buying sheet music and song books of your favourite recording artists and learningto play their songs,
2. Practicing and playing with other musicians. You will be surprised how good a basicdrums/bass/guitar combination can sound even when playing easy music.
3. Learning by listening to your favourite CDs. .
Particularly in the early stages it is helpful to have the guidance of an experienced teacher. This will also help you keep to a schedule and obtain weekly goals.